African Punishment Wrestling Association sent out the following:
- APWA’s 4th Anniversary weekend has passed and more incredible memories were had on Friday at the home of APWA, the Danie van Zyl Recreation Centre, as well as the Alberton Tennis Club on Saturday. APWA Heavyweight Champion El Mascarado put both his title and mask on the line on Friday against number one contender Vic Scar in a hair-vs-mask match, which is being hailed as one of APWA’s greatest matches ever.
“The Masked Crusader” retained in a mat epic and Scar was subsequently forced to have his hair completely shaven off. Vaatjie and Japie (Donovan Loudmouth and Blizzard) defeated the Nigerian monster team of Joe Dozer and Kilimanjaro to retain the APWA Tag Team Titles in their second title defence. The ongoing father-vs-son saga between Terri Middoux and Zizou Middoux saw a chaotic brawl break out between the two in the opening moments of Friday’s “Wrestle Madness” event. The warring Middouxs would go head-to-head once again in a featured bout officiated by special guest referee Ananzi. After another highly emotional battle, Terri Middoux was disqualified and Zizou Middoux retained the PTW World Heavyweight Title. Allegedly, Zizou had stolen his father’s oft-utilised spike and planted it strategically at the end of the match, resulting in the decision by Ananzi. As a result, an angered Terri Middoux got on the mic to challenge Ananzi to come out of retirement in March. The history between Ananzi and Terri Middoux goes back all the way to 2008, but after Ananzi retired last year, he was briefly coerced out of it in October when Terri Middoux launched an unprecedented attack on the former WWP All-Africa Champion, in which he brutalised and bloodied his former rival with the trademark spike in front of thousands of fans at the Rhino Rally. Ananzi, who has been teasing a comeback, accepted Terri Middoux’s challenge and is expected to return as soon as next week at the Randfontein show! Ananzi has also been included in the upcoming King of Africa 2012 tournament that will begin on 17 March in Krugersdorp. Will Ananzi cope being a full-time competitor once again, and just how intense will his war with Terri Middoux become? Will Terri Middoux be able to properly focus on becoming a two-time King of Africa tournament winner considering his full plate, with Zizou Middoux and Ananzi targeting him?
- APWA Heavyweight Champion El Mascarado Mexicano left a cryptic message on social networks after his title retention against Vic Scar: ” Title retained, Vic Scar is bald…I would say well done to that. But there is something that triggered me tonight and unfortunately…El Mascarado is full of hate and Anger…Not a good sign…”
Vic Scar, who was on the losing end this weekend, had this to say: “OK, so Vic is bold!! Vic says get over it!!! Vic realised a COUPLE of things tonight, stuff like unity, honour, oneness – yeah, right, look at the pics!! Noooo more!! Tomorrow I’ll be there, my hair in a bin, and the show will go on! Vic hates ALL of you and you know it!! Well, Vic’s hair will grow back and he’ll be there till he dies!!!!”
2-time PTW World Heavyweight Champion Zizou Middoux expressed his elation following a smart victory over his father, Terri Middoux: “The party boy!!! The club sensation is still the PTW world heavyweight champion!!! Now that’s party hardy!! Terri middoux! You think you are smarter then me?? You taught me everything you know!! I beat you at your own game! Now that’s party hardy!!! You got DQ’ed!! I told you so!”
- The King of Africa 2012 tournament is just around the corner and the 8 participants have been announced:
“The French Monster” Terri Middoux: King of Africa 2011 winner; multi-time former APWA & WWP Tag Team Champion; former PTW World Heavyweight Champion
Joe “Bull” Dozer: King of Africa 2011 finalist; 2-time former APWA Heavyweight Champion
“The Masked Crusader” El Mascarado Mexicano: Current APWA Heavyweight Champion
“The Club Sensation” Zizou Middoux: Current 2-time PTW World Heavyweight Champion and WWP World Cruiserweight Champion; multi-time former APWA and WWP Tag Team Champion
Vic Scar: Recent number one contender to the APWA Heavyweight Title
“The Man Mountain” Kilimanjaro: former WWP All-Africa Heavyweight Champion; recent number one contender to the WWP World Heavyweight Title; former multi-time WWP World Tag Team Champion
Afrika: former number one contender to the APWA Heavyweight Title
Ananzi: 2-time former WWP All-Africa Heavyweight Champion, 2-time former WWP World Tag Team Champion, former Alkebulan Heavyweight Champion
The quarter-finals of the tournament will commence on 17 March at the historic President Square venue in Krugersdorp. View the King of Africa 2012 promo video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgqfNc3pOro.
- The full, controversial match between Zizou Middoux and Jonny Storm from Power Trip Wrestling’s “We Run This Town” event on 10 February is now available to view:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcfmpaJTuY
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHIsyUe8DvM
- APWA will be starting off March with a rare inter-promotional event alongside WWP in Randfontein on Saturday 3 March. List of upcoming APWA events from March to May (more to be announced):
3 March - Randfontein (WWP inter-promotional event)
17 March - President Square, Krugersdorp (King of Africa Round 1)
31 March - Middelburg
14 April - President Square, Krugersdorp (King of Africa Round 2)
5 May – Secunda, Limpopo
19 May – President Square, Krugersdorp (King of Africa Final Round)
- To coincide with APWA’s 4th anniversary celebration, some of our most memorable moments have been captured on our official Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/APWAAfrica . Subscribe for regular matches, updates and more.
Visit APWA online: