- Following a recent injury on TNA Impact Wrestling, former TNA X-Division Champion Chris Sabin recently underwent reconstructive knee surgery, with the expectation that he will miss anything between 6-9 months.
- After fulfilling his contractual obligations to TNA Wrestling, “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan appears to be hinting at a potential return to the WWE, posting the following on his Twitter account, “I had a wonderful visit to Connecticut. Conducting good business (stay tuned!) Have also been able to visit the whole family.” Morgan had noted in previous interviews that he would welcome a return to the WWE and is delighted that a good friend in Brock Lesnar has returned to the company.
- There are plans for an Ultimate X match at the TNA Destination X pay-per-view, with the winner to be crowned the new TNA X-Division Champion, which will be vacated by Austin Aries on the night of the event.
- LuFisto and Courtney Rush were involved in a TNA Gutcheck session at the TNA Impact Wrestling live event in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada that was conducted by D’Lo Brown. As of writing, there is no word as to whether LuFisto or Rush were offered a contract by the company or if either of them will be brought to an Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida for a live Gutcheck session.
- Thursday’s episode of TNA Impact Wrestling done a 0.97 rating, rounded up to a 1.0 rating overall with an overall viewing audience of 1,240,000 viewers, down from last week’s 1.02 rating (rounded to a 1.0 rating overall), that had 1,340,000 viewers. The rating is actually the lowest viewership during the live editions of the show and the lowest since June 24th, 2010. Speaking of the live episodes, the live editions of the show will end on August 23rd, a week later than had been expected after the company got approval from Spike TV to agree to an extra week to work around their taping schedule. There is no word on if the company will continue to go live on a more permanent basis than usual.
- Following last night’s TNA Impact Wrestling live event in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada the updated standings for the TNA Bound For Glory Series are as follows.
1.) James Storm (36 Points)
2.) Samoa Joe (17 Points)
3.) Kurt Angle (10 Points)
4.) Mr. Anderson (9 Points)
5.) D’Angelo Dinero (7 Points)
-.) Jeff Hardy (7 Points)
-.) Magnus (7 Points)
6.) Christopher Daniels (5 Points)
7.) Bully Ray (0 Points)
-.) Robbie E (0 Points)
-.) AJ Styles (0 Points)
-.) Rob van Dam (0 Points)