- In an update on Rey Mysterio’s return on Monday’s WWE RAW, the WWE superstar is not 100% ready to retun yet, however WWE officials asked him if he would like to return at WWE Survivor Series as he wouldn’t have much to do during the match.
– As for Sheamus, the Irish-born superstar is expected to return to action in early 2014 with both Triple H and Vince McMahon eagerly anticipating his return as they could allow him to come back at the top of the card as either a face or a heel, something Triple H is pushing for.
– Meanwhile, Rob van Dam is expected to return in time for WrestleMania season. Early plans are calling for RVD to possibly feud with Chris Jericho if both can work out a deal, or for RVD to be featured in a tag team match.
– WWE officials are very high on WWE Diva Summer Rae, as well as Roman Reigns and Big E Langston, with many people within the company expecting all 3 to be pushed heavily in 2014. Speaking of Langston, there has been talk of putting a secondary title on him for some time. The decision was made approximately 2-3 weeks back to take the Intercontinental Championship off Curtis Axel and put it on Langston. For those wondering about the WWE United States Championship, company officials feel that the title is a good fit for Dean Ambrose.
– WWE are heavily focusing on reviving their tag team division in 2014, something that will happen on both the main roster and the developmental roster. There is a feeling that top developmental talent could be paired together as a way to bring them up to the main roster. One such case, according to several reports is that of the former Sami Callihan (Solomon Crowe in NXT), who is expected to be featured in a tag team on NXT going forward. Those down in developmental believe that it is a great time for tag team stars on the independent scene to really step up their game in the hopes of landing a WWE developmental contract as the company are planning on holding a three-day tryout camp at some point in early 2014 just for tag teams, or those willing to form a tag team.
– There are several people within the company pushing for Daniel Bryan to return to the WWE Championship picture at the WWE: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view, as Bryan helped the viewership and on some of the events post-Summerslam, which saw people who wouldn’t normally buy such events purchasing them to see if Bryan would walk out as WWE Champion.
– According to a report from The Wrestling Observer, those involved in the new History of WWE DVD wanted to interview Shane McMahon for the DVD but were told that it wasn’t going to be possible.
– In an update on The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) undergoing a week-long tryout at the WWE Performance Center, neither have undergone the usual pre-WWE signing medical testing prior to joining the company, however both will be attending tonight’s WWE NXT tapings and many feel that they could be used at some point on one of the tapings. A report from PWInsider.com notes that William Regal pushed for both Richards & Edwards to be given another chance, despite an internal belief from several officials that WWE had enough “independent-looking” guys on their roster. There is an expectation that both Richards & Edwards could recieve short-term WWE deals with a further evaluation prior to WrestleMania.
– In wrestling birthdays, WWE Divas The Bella Twins (Nikki Bella & Brie Bella) turn 30 today, WWE Hall of Famer Afa turns 71, Shane Douglas turns 49, Cassidy Riley turns 37, Ryota Hama turns 34 and Shingo Takagi turns 31.
– In an update on Shawn Merriman attending the WWE Performance Center, there is a belief that he won’t be offered a developmental deal but could be called back to attend a tryout camp down the line.
– Former WCW World Champion Diamond Dallas Page noted on his official Twitter that he was invited to attend tonight’s WWE NXT TV Tapings and will be in attendance for the show.
– Speaking of NXT, Charlotte is currently out of action for several weeks as she recently underwent minor surgery. There are a few more NXT stars out of action, so it will be interesting to see who features at tonight’s big NXT tapings at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.
– Former WWE superstar MVP noted that he’s continuing to keep his options open on the possibility of a return to WWE or New Japan Pro Wrestling, as well as possibly heading to TNA Wrestling. “The good news is all options are open. A return to NJPW, or WWE is possible, and yes, even TNA is possible. It feels good to have options. Relationships are the key to doing business in pro wrestling. Your brand is YOU. Work hard and do good business. Don’t burn any bridges.”