WWE sent out the following:
Format for Interim NXT Cruiserweight Title Tournament revealed
NXT General Manager William Regal announced this past Wednesday on WWE’s The Bump that an Interim NXT Cruiserweight Champion will be crowned, as titleholder Jordan Devlin is unable to defend his championship due to current circumstances.
Now, the format for that tournament has been revealed:
– Eight Superstars will be split into two groups of four.
– Superstars will compete against each of the three other members of their group.
– The Superstar with the best record in each group will advance to the championship match.
– Any ties will be broken by head-to-head record.
– The winner of Group A will face the winner of Group B to determine the new Interim NXT Cruiserweight Champion.
The full groups will be revealed tomorrow.